Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a bookmobile to a Farmers Union meeting to a holiday tree tour.
Things to do
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile: 8:30 to 9:40 a.m., Rosedale; 10 to 11:15 a.m., Rockport; 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Oaklane; 12:45 to 1:45 p.m., Old Elm.
• LifeServe Blood Center blood drive, 1 to 5 p.m., Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell.
• Bingo, 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m., $1 per card; James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• “500” card games, 1 p.m., $1 per person; James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Coacher-Goetsch American Legion Auxiliary Unit 18 potluck, 6:30 p.m.; meeting at 7 p.m., American Legion Post Home, Mitchell.
• Davison County Farmers Union meeting, 6:30 p.m., Pizza Ranch, Mitchell.
• SD Telecommunications Association’s Fall Outside Plant Workshop, speaker Derric Iles, 11:15 a.m., Highland Conference Center, Mitchell.
• “Kathy Voth Road Show,” on land management, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Senior Citizens’ Center, Murdo.
• Bingo, 1 p.m., $1 per card or six cards for $5, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Former Methodist Hospital employees breakfast, 8:30 a.m., James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
WHITE LAKE OFFERS TOUR OF TREES: The Holiday Tour of Trees sponsored by the Bits and Bridles 4-H Club will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 8, at the Troy and Barb Becker home, 406 N. Main Street, White Lake.
The home will be filled with 40 decorated Christmas trees. There is no charge for the tour, but the 4-H club asks for a donation of canned food items (one per person) for the local food pantry. For information call 249-2166.
Powerball: 3-10-19-36-46; Powerball, 3. Est. jackpot, $50M.
Dakota Cash: 3-13-22-31-33; Est. jackpot, $74,000.
Hot Lotto: 14-15-19-25-35; Hot ball, 19. Est. jackpot, $6.47M.
Mega Millions: 11-22-24-28-31; Megaball, 46; Megaplier, 3. Est. jackpot, $13M.
Wild Card 2: 4-7-16-22-23; Wildcard, Ace of Hearts. Est. jackpot, $380,000.
13 percent of individual South Dakotans are uninsured as compared to 16 percent nationwide according to information from the South Dakota State Census Center data.
Today in local history
It was announced today in 2008 that eligible city workers could be voting on a proposal to create a city employee union. The council had denied a request for union recognition in October and since that time representatives of both sides worked on details of an election to determine if the union would be created.