Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from a Christmas craft show to photos with Santa to winning lottery numbers.
Things to do
• Holiday Arts Christmas craft show, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Masonic Temple, Mitchell.
• Mitchell Holiday Blast, Mitchell.
• “Cooking Can Be Murder,” Ola Players production, 7:30 p.m., $5, Old Hall, south of Pukwana.
• “Cooking Can Be Murder,” Ola Players production, 2 p.m., $5, Old Hall, south of Pukwana.
• Holy Family Altar Society Baked Potato Social, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., freewill donation, Holy Family Catholic Church, Mitchell.
• Fundraiser for Mitchell Food Pantry “Photos with Santa,” Becky Moore State Farm Insurance, Mitchell.
• “Silent Night! Holy Night!” Christmas concert, 5 p.m., admission: non-perishable items for Sanborn County Food bank, potluck supper to follow, Community Center, Woonsocket.
• Pancake and sausage feed by American Legion Auxiliary, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., free-will offering, Community Center, Letcher.
• Bingo, 3 to 5 p.m., two cards for 25 cents, free will offering soup supper, 5 p.m., Holy Spirit Parish Hall, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
SUPPORT GROUP MEETS AT AQOP: The Parkinson’s Disease Support Group will meet at 7 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 19, in Conference Room No. 1 at Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell.
The topic this month will be the gift of gratitude, as we reflect on the Thanksgiving holiday. Refreshments will be served. Those attending are asked to please use the front lobby entrance of the hospital.
DRIVER SAFETY CLASS OFFERED: An AARP Driver Safety class will be from 1 to 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 19, at the American Legion Hall, Mitchell.
The class is free to all veterans, spouses and those currently in active services. Charge for non-military is $14. Call 996-0367 to register.
Mega Millions: Winning numbers drawn Friday: 5-24-26-29-53; Mega Ball: 36; Megaplier: 4; Estimated jackpot: $26 million.
Mitchell: $3.445 Yankton: $3.373 Rapid City: $3.373 Sioux Falls: $3.313 State: $3.409 National: $3.430
Today in local history
On this date in 2007, it was announced that the former Dakota Pork plant would be opened as a pet food manufacturing plant for Performance Pet Products, a division of Rosen’s Diversified, a company headquartered in Fairmont, Minn. It was expected the plant would eventually employ 50 people.