Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead, from Kitchen Kids to the constitution solution to bingo.
Things to do
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Marion.
• “Get Fit While You Sit,” 2 p.m., Cancer Center lobby, Mitchell.
• “My Biggest Break” program, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., $10; Roger Musick and Dick Muth speaking, Logan Luxury Theatre, Mitchell.
• VFW Post 2750 80th birthday celebration and meeting, 7:30 p.m., Post Home, Mitchell.
• Dance to the music of Bud Baumiller, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., $4 admission, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Bingo, 1 p.m., $1 per card or 6 for $5, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library Bookmobile, 9:15 to 10 a.m., Fulton; 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Epiphany.
• Kitchen Kids cooking class, 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. for third through eighth grade, $45, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Kitchen Kids cooking class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. for second grade and under with parent, $75, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• “The Constitution is the Solution,” video lecture series, 7 p.m., Community Room, Mitchell Public Library, Mitchell.
• Medical mini-series, “Osteoarthritis: Life’s Little Revenge,” 12:15 p.m., Dr. John Swisher presenting, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
DIABETES UPDATE TO BE HELD: A free health update on diabetes will be from 2 to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15, at Community Room, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell.
Nate Hinker, CNP, will speak on diabetes in general; Jaclyn Plamp, PharmD., will present on oral diabetic medication; Cindy Riddle, exercise instructor, will discuss benefits of exercise; and Dararai Sangsuai, dietetic intern, will present on healthy eating.
GLUTEN FREE GROUP TO MEET THURSDAY: Gluten Free of South Dakota will meet at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15, in Conference Room 1, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell.
A nutrition expert from Queen of Peace will be the featured speaker. For more information, call Deb Pollreisz at 996-4026.
DISABILITY SUPPORT GROUP PLANS POTLUCK: Mitchell Area Disability Peer Support Group will hold a Thanksgiving potluck supper at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15, in the Community Room, Greenridge Apartments, Mitchell.
Please bring a salad, hot dish or dessert and your own drink. Bingo with prizes will follow. For more information, contact Kathie at Independent Living Choices 995-8141.
Today is National Young Readers Day.
Today in local history
On this date in 2007, the Mitchell school board reached a general agreement on the policy on district employees who wish to run for office. An additional meeting is needed to iron out the final draft.