Good morningDaily digest: Things to know the day ahead, from the McGovern Conference to a square dance to Veteran's Day activities.
Things to do
• Mitchell Area Historical Society meeting, 7 p.m. “Postal History of Davison and Sanborn Counties,” Carnegie Resource Center, Mitchell.
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library Bookmobile, 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., Montrose; 1:20 to 2:30 p.m., Orland.
• Wagner Veteran’s Day Program, 1 p.m., School Theater, Wagner.
• DAV No. 7 meeting, 7:30 p.m., VFW Club Rooms, Mitchell.
• DAV Auxiliary meeting, 1 p.m., James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Palace Promenaders Square Dance, 7:30 p.m., James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• McGovern Conference, 10 a.m., Sherman Center, Dakota Wesleyan University, Mitchell.
• Pinochle games, 1 p.m., $1 per person, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Marion.
• “Get Fit While You Sit,” 2 p.m., Cancer Center lobby, Mitchell.
• “Biggest Career Break” luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., $10; Roger Musick and Dick Muth speaking, Logan Luxury Theatre, Mitchell.
• VFW Post 2750 80th birthday celebration and meeting, 7:30 p.m., Post Home, Mitchell.
• Dance to the music of Bud Baumiller, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., $4 admission, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Bingo, 1 p.m., $1 per card or 6 for $5, James Valley Community Center, MItchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
VFW PAST COMMANDERS TO BE HONORED: All past commanders of Post 2750 of Veterans of Foreign Wars will be recognized at a special 80th birthday celebration at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the Post Home, Mitchell.
The past commanders will be honored for their contributions as commander during the regular meeting as it falls on the 80th birthday of the local post and a celebration is planned in their honor.
VIDEO LECTURE SERIES SCHEDULED AT LIBRARY: “The Constitution is the Solution,” video lecture series, will be held at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at the community room, Mitchell Public Library, Mitchell The topic will be Constitutional War Powers. Lecture is by Robert Brown, regional field director, The John Birch Society. JVCC HOSTS DANCE TUESDAY: Dance to the music of Bud Baumiller from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at James Valley Community Center, Mitchell. Admission is $4 which includes lunch. You do not have to be a member to attend.
Powerball: 32-42-50-54-55; Powerball, 32. Est. Jackpot, $185 million.
Dakota Cash: 3-17-20-29-35. Est. jackpot, $37,000.
Hot Lotto: 5-14-16-20-24; Hot Ball, 17. Est. jackpot, $5.18 million.
Mega Millions: 18-22-33-35-40; Megball, 11; Megaplier, 4. Est. jackpot, $19 million.
Wild Card 2: 6-18-19-30-31. Wildcard, Queen of Hearts. Est. jackpot, $280,000.