Man sues over alleged Mitchell assault2011 incident led to serious and permanent injuries, plaintiff says.
By: Chris Mueller, The Daily Republic
A man who says he suffered head injuries when he was assaulted last year in Mitchell is now suing the man who allegedly attacked him.
Richard Magdaleno and his attorney Randy Stiles, of Mitchell, filed a lawsuit Friday against Nicholas Allen Krohmer.
According to Magdaleno’s complaint, Krohmer assaulted Magdaleno on July 10, 2011, in Mitchell. Magdaleno suffered “serious and permanent” injuries as a result of the attack, including head trauma, the complaint says.
Court documents identify Magdaleno only as a resident of South Dakota, but identify Krohmer as a resident of Davison County.
Magdaleno is seeking $10,767 in damages for past medical expenses and $857 for past lost wages, as well as additional damages for future medical expenses and lost wages, punitive damages and damages for his own pain and suffering, the complaint says.
According to magistrate court records printed Sept. 6, 2011, by The Daily Republic, Krohmer had a simple assault charge reduced to disorderly conduct and was given a suspended 30-day jail sentence and fined $200, and ordered to pay any restitution ordered by the court.More from around the web