Resident-only season for pheasants opensThe South Dakota resident-only pheasant season will run today through Monday.
By: News release , SD Department of Game, Fish and Parks
The South Dakota resident-only pheasant season will run today through Monday.
South Dakota residents are eligible to hunt the following public lands, beginning at noon today:
• Hunting on public road rights of way is limited to those contiguous to and a part of public hunting lands open for hunting.
• U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Waterfowl Production Areas.
• U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land adjacent to the Missouri River.
• U.S. Forest Service National Grasslands.
• U.S. Bureau of Reclamation land.
• State School and Public Lands.
• State parks, recreation areas and lakeside use areas.
• GF&P managed or leased property otherwise open to public hunting, including Game Production
• Areas open during the regular pheasant season.
• GF&P managed and leased property designated as walk-in areas and land enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP).
Nontoxic shot is required to hunt small game on most public lands.