Good morningDaily digest: Things to do, things to know, lottery numbers, gas prices and trivia.
Things to do
• “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” ACT production, 7:30 p.m., reserved tickets, $10 and $12, Pepsi-Cola Theatre for the Performing Arts, Mitchell.
• Lawn Bowling Fundraiser, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., John Paul II gym, Mitchell.
• 16th annual John Paul II Autumn Classic, Highland Conference Center, Mitchell.
• Cash and Carry Sale benefit for Lakeview Lawn Bowling Association, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., John Paul II gymnasium, Mitchell.
• The 2012 Public Square Rosary Crusade, noon, visitors park across from Corn Palace, Mitchell.
• “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” ACT production, 2 p.m., reserved tickets, $10 and $12,Pepsi-Cola Theatre for the Performing Arts, Mitchell.
• Letcher Community Church Bazaar and Supper, 4 to 7 p.m., adults, $7; children to age 10, $3; preschool, free; Community Church, Letcher.
• SOS Brigade Anime Club Cosplay Picnic, 12:30 to 4 p.m., Kiwanis Park, Mitchell.
• Pancake Breakfast 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., $4 for adults, $2 for kids, $12 for families, St. Margaret’s Catholic Church, Kimball.
• “The Line,” documentary on the new faces of American poverty, showing at 12:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, Mitchell
• Landon Bueber benefit, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Legion Hall, Parkston.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
MAHRA MEETING SET FOR TUESDAY: Mitchell Area Human Resource Association will meet from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16, in the Community Room, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell.
Speaker is James Marsh, who will present “Introduction to Unemployment” and review the unemployment system.
GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP TO MEET: A free grief support group meeting will be from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16, at James Valley Community Center, Mitchell. All ages are welcome to this group. For more information, call 866-338-2066.
Mega Millions: 06-10-24-26-42, Mega Ball: 15. Estimated jackpot: $53 million.
Today in local history
According to a story on this date in 2007, Mitchell had the second strongest retail sector among South Dakota’s 11 largest cities according to a University of South Dakota study. Each city’s per capita retail sales were divided by the 11-city average and adjusted to account for the varying per capita income levels.
Mitchell: $3.864 Yankton: $3.785 Rapid City: $3.758 Sioux Falls: $3.734 State: $3.815 National: $3.810