Four Mitchell businesses seek sign approval from plannersFour businesses are seeking approval from the Mitchell Planning and Zoning Commission for signs.
By: Tom Lawrence, The Daily Republic
Four businesses are seeking approval from the Mitchell Planning and Zoning Commission for signs.
They will submit requests to the commission at noon today at City Hall Council Chambers. The planners are meeting today because city offices were closed Monday for Native American Day.
The requests are from:
• Sioux Signs LLC for an off-premise billboard by Kay and Boyd Reimnitz’s mini-storage buildings in the 600 block of West Birch Avenue. The signs would face North and South Sanborn Boulevard.
• Casey’s General Store, 701 N. Main St.
• AutoZone, 424 E. Havens Ave.
• Moonlight Bar & Lounge, 413 N. Main St.
In other business, the commissioners will:
• Review the application of Tom Diamond for a variance of 5 feet instead of the mandated 10 feet between his house and a detached garage at 309 N. Iowa St.
• Review the application of Bruce and Karen Yakley for a roadside variance of 19 feet instead of the mandated 35 feet at 170 N. Harmon Drive.
• Hear a request for a rezoning of South Point Village.
The property is now zoned as both highway oriented business district and urban development district.
The developers seek to have it designated a planned unit development district. That would allow it to establish some rules for the property and businesses located there.
The planners will also discuss approving the plan for the development.
• Review the plat of Tract 1-C of Starlite Estates in the northeast quarter of the northwest quarter of Section 34, Township 103, Range 60, west of the 5th prime meridian in Mitchell.
• Review the plat of 1-D of Starlite Estates in the same area.
• Review the plat of S.J. Nebelsick Tract 1 in the northeast quarter of Section 17, Township 102, Range 60 west of the 5th prime meridian in Davison County.
• Review the plat of Lot 1-A, block 9 of the Woods First Addition, a subdivision of the east half of the southwest quarter of Section 23, Township 103 N, Range 60 W of the 5th prime meridian in the city of Mitchell.