Ribbon-cutting set for Mitchell Career and Technical Education AcademyToday, the Mitchell Board of Education will mark the opening of the Mitchell Career and Technical Education Academy, 821 N. Capital St., with a 4:30 p.m. ribbon cutting ceremony prior to the board’s regularly scheduled 5 p.m. meeting in the commons area at Gertie Belle Rogers Elementary School.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
Today, the Mitchell Board of Education will mark the opening of the Mitchell Career and Technical Education Academy, 821 N. Capital St., with a 4:30 p.m. ribbon cutting ceremony prior to the board’s regularly scheduled 5 p.m. meeting in the commons area at Gertie Belle Rogers Elementary School.
The board will consider a consent agenda with the following personnel items:
Resignations: Brittani Dyce, Child Development Center instructor, effective Sept. 20; Dennis Smith, food service, Longfellow Elementary, effective Sept 11.
New Hires: Kelly Carpenter, CDC daycare, $9,316, effective Oct. 2; Tina Zard, CDC daycare, $8.50 an hour, effective Dec. 2; Linda Glanzer, paraeducator, Longfellow, 7.5 hours daily at $10 an hour, effective Sept. 10; Randall Norgaard, building and grounds maintenance, eight hours daily at $12 an hour, effective Oct. 1; Fall semester adjunct instructor, Mitchell Technical Institute: DeAnna Hatch, $2,160. Change in hours: Angie Goldammer, paraeducator, Gertie Belle Rogers, from four hours to 5.5 hours daily, effective Sept. 17. Additional two days a week: DeAnna Hatch, MTI, $7,310, covered by a grant. Change in duties: Kim Van Overschelde, nine months food service; three months custodial. Lane changes: salary lane changes for several employees.
The regular agenda also includes board consideration to:
• Recognize Mitchell art students who won blue ribbons at the South Dakota State Fair art competition.
• Approve MTI supplemental budgets.
• Approve MTI bids for the welding and manufacturing program.
• Approve kitchen renovation bids for the MCTEA Culinary Arts program.
• Implement the board’s “lastbest” offer and conclude negotiations with the Mitchell Classified Education Association.
• Appoint a board representative to the Associated School Boards of South Dakota delegate assembly; discuss the ASBSD platform.