Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead
Things to do
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile: 8:30 to 9:40 a.m., Rosedale; 10 to 11:15 a.m., Rockport; 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Oaklane; 12:45 to 1:45 p.m., Old Elm.
• “Oceti Sakowin: The People of
the Seven Council Fires,” screening, noon, Java City, McGovern Library, DWU Campus, Mitchell.
• DAV Auxiliary meeting, 1 p.m., James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• DAV No. 7 meeting, 7:30 p.m., VFW Club Rooms, Mitchell.
• Pinochle games, 1 p.m., $1 per person, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Palace Promenaders Square Dance Club dance, 7:30 p.m., James Valley community Center, Mitchell.
• Cal Schultz Memorial Event and National Disability Employment Awareness Month Celebration 5:30 to 7 p.m., County Fair Banquet Hall, Mitchell.
• “Get Fit While You Sit,” 2 p.m., Cancer Center lobby, Mitchell.
• “Rise to the Occasion…The Best for Last” final drawing and celebration, 5 to 7 p.m., First National Bank South Dakota, Mitchell.
• Dance to music by Loyd Oleson, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., $4 admission, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Bingo, 1 p.m., $1 per card for six for $5, James Valley Community Center, MItchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email email@example.com or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., PO Box 1288, Mitchell, SD, 57301.
Things to remember
FINAL FUNDRAISER DRAWING TO BE HELD: “Rise to the Occasion…The Best for Last” final drawing and celebration will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at First National Bank South Dakota.
JVCC SCHEDULES DANCE: Dance to the music of Loyd Oleson from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
Admission is $4 which includes lunch and all ages are welcome.
Powerball: 15-26-34-36-59; Powerball, 35. Est. jackpot, $50M. Dakota Cash: 6-10-22-26-31. Est. jackpot, $20,000. Hot Lotto: 4-5-13-18-25; Hot Ball, 2. Est. jackpot, $3.33M. Mega Millions: 8-9-16-32-39; Megaball, 15; Megaplier, 3. Est. jackpot, $45M. Wild Card 2: 1-6-7-23-25; Wildcard, King of Spades. Est. jackpot, $155,000.
305 full-time and 96 part-time SDDOT employees used 442 single and tandem axle snow plows to clear and de-ice 7,830 centerline miles of state highways according to the Department of Transportation 2012-2013 Fact Book.