Good morningDaily digest: Things to know for the day ahead.
Things to do
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile, 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m., Hanson.
• Caregivers Support Group meeting, 2 p.m., Avera Queen of Peace Hospitality House, Mitchell
• Mitchell Area Cancer Support Group meeting, 7 p.m., Conference Room 1, Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell.
• Dance to music of Veryl Hohn, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m., $4 admission, James Valley Community Center, Mitchell.
• Hanson-McCook Regional Library bookmobile, 9 to 11 a.m., Millbrook.
• American Legion Post 18 mee4ting, 7:30 p.m., Post Home, Mitchell.
To submit items for “Things to do,” email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Daily Republic, 120 S. Lawler St., P.O. Box 1288, Mitchell, S.D., 57301.
Things to remember
MEETING SET FOR WEDNESDAY: Mitchell American Legion Post 18 will meet at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 26, at the post home, Mitchell.
TRIPP OKTOBERFEST SCHEDULED IN TRIPP: Tripp’s Oktoberfest will be held from 5 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, Sept. 29, in Tripp.
Events include lawnmower races, hay ride, polka dance contest and a street dance with polka music from 7 to 9 p.m. and country music from 9:30 p.m. to midnight. The proceeds will benefit Tripp Lake Association.
SCOTLAND TO HOST WCTU RETREAT: South Dakota Women’s Christian Temperance Union will hold their fall retreat at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29, at Fellowship Baptist Church, Scotland.
The program will begin at 10 a.m. with music, testimonies and a guest speaker. Dinner will be served at 12:15 p.m. and the retreat will end at 3 p.m.
For more information, call 212-9011.
One cent of South Dakota’s gas tax raises an average of $5.7 million a year, according to the South Dakota Department of Transportation 2012-2013 Fact Book.
Today in local history
Eric Klooz, executive director of Abbott House, announced that a $1.7 million, 8,400-square-foot addition would be added to the facility. The addition will include 14 single bedrooms, wellness area, psychiatrist offices and classroom space.