Fire strikes Mitchell homeNo one was injured in a Saturday morning fire in east Mitchell.
By: Tom Lawrence, The Daily Republic
No one was injured in a Saturday morning fire in east Mitchell.
The fire at 1116 E. First Ave., Lot 34, was reported around 6:30 a.m. A Daily Republic carrier reportedly spotted the fire and banged on the door of the trailer to awaken the residents, who fled as fire crews sped to the scene.
Within minutes, bright red flames burst through the roof and thick, acrid smoke filled the block.
Fire crews battled the blaze as neighbors stepped outside on the cool first morning of fall to watch the spectacle.
“Everyone got out OK, and I’m grateful for that,” said landlord Fred Joramo, of Mitchell.