Davison commission to discuss hail damage, Central Electric siteThe Davison County commissioners will review the latest Puetz Corp. floor plan for the Central Electric Building when they meet in regular session at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the courthouse, 200 East Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
The Davison County commissioners will review the latest Puetz Corp. floor plan for the Central Electric Building when they meet in regular session at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the courthouse, 200 East Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
The building at 1420 N. Main St. will eventually be used as the county’s community health nursing facility. A portion of the building will also be utilized by the commissioners.
Puetz’s plan incorporates both uses. Suggestions for floor plan changes have been made at prior meetings.
The county has a tentative Aug. 1 closing date on the sale of the building.
In a related action, the commissioners will also hear a report on the extent of hail damage to the Central Electric building from county Maintenance Supervisor Mark Ruml. The commissioners are considering if they should let Central Electric repair the hail damage prior to purchasing the building, or if they should deduct the insurance settlement from the cost of the building.
The agenda includes:
• 9 a.m.: Call to order, approval of past meeting minutes, citizen input.
• 9:30 a.m.: Review of the 2013 budget.
• 10:30 a.m.: Jail Administrator Don Radel, regarding one full-time and two part-time hires. Radel will also recommend the classification of some equipment as surplus property so that it may be sold.
• 10:50 a.m.: In miscellaneous actions, the commissioners will consider approving bills and timesheets for payment; setting the time and date for malt beverage and wine license hearings for an unspecified applicant; and a review of the auditor’s account with the county treasurer.
• 11 a.m.: Central Electric plan review.
• 11:45 a.m.: Maintenance Supervisor Ruml, regarding Central Electric hail damage repairs.