School board set to issue bonds to remodel MTI buildingNumbers — for budgets, project bids, and a $500,000 bond issue — will take center stage Monday when the Mitchell Board of Education meets in regular session today, Monday, at 5 p.m. in Room 116 at the Mitchell Technical Institute’s north campus, 821 N. Capital St., Mitchell.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
Numbers — for budgets, project bids, and a $500,000 bond issue — will take center stage Monday when the Mitchell Board of Education meets in regular session today, Monday, at 5 p.m. in Room 116 at the Mitchell Technical Institute’s north campus, 821 N. Capital St., Mitchell.
The agenda includes board consideration to:
* Approve a resolution for the sale of $500,000 in Qualified Zone Academy Bonds, for the purpose of remodeling of the MTI north campus building at 821 N. Capital St. for the new Career and Technical Education Academy, which begins operation in the fall semester.
* Approve a bid of $85,000 from Darin and Collette Mesman for a shop-built project house constructed by MTI students.
* Approve bids for equipment for the new MTI welding program.
* Consider, on first reading, a review and revisions to K-12 board policies on fiscal management support services and facilities development; and a review of the same MTI policies.
* Approve, on first reading, a new Board Policy 120 on Internet safety.
* Approve, on first reading, revisions to board policies on community use of K-12 facilities.
* A second review of the general fund budget for the 2012-2013 school year.
* The following personnel items: New hires: Kimberly Brenden, fifth grade, L. B. Williams Elementary, B. A., $33,000 a year, effective of the 2012-13 school year; Emily Grode, summer temporary help, MTI, $9 hour, effective June 11; Jill Parsons, sixth grade science/ language arts, B.A., $39,000 a year, effective for the 2012-13 school year.
New hires (extra-curricular): Erin Olson, 10th grade girls’ basketball coach; Dustin Wheeler, middle school wrestling coach/ assistant — salaries to be determined, pending teacher salary negotiations
Resignations: Lacey Bullock, food service, Mitchell Middle School, effective May 3; Tracey Endorf, special education, effective June 1; Justin Jones, precision technology specialist, MTI, effective June 15.
Transfer: Esther Richmond, from ninth grade girls’ basketball coach to head eighth grade girls’ basketball coach, salary to be determined.
MTI summer adjunct instructors: Paula Freeman, Rad 132, $450; Anne Moke, simulations, Rad Tech, $1,300; Eric Schaffer, Rad 131, $450 and Rad 133, $900.
Change of duties: Darin Maltsberger, to department head, farm power department, $48,500.