Davison commissioners will continue hog operation hearing Tuesday morningThe Davison County commissioners will hear testimony both for and against Jackrabbit Family Farms’ application for a conditional use permit to run a hog breeding operation in Baker Township on Tuesday.
By: Ross Dolan, The Daily Republic
The Davison County commissioners will hear testimony both for and against Jackrabbit Family Farms’ application for a conditional use permit to run a hog breeding operation in Baker Township on Tuesday.
The commissioners will continue a Board of Adjustment hearing that began April 17. At that meeting the commissioners, citing a need for more information, decided to continue the meeting on May 1. It will hold that segment of the meeting in the second floor courtroom.
Commissioner Jerry Fischer, who was absent from the April 17 meeting, said Friday that he has reviewed the meeting records but he feels he does not have sufficient information to make an informed decision on the application and will not take part in a final vote.
That means approval will require a 4-0 vote for passage.
The commissioners will start the day by meeting in regular session at 9 a.m. in the commissioners room at the Davison County Courthouse, 200 E. Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
Tuesday’s agenda includes:
• 9 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, approval of past meeting minutes, citizen input.
• 9:30 a.m. Land lease auction on county land in the northeast quarter of Section 33, Badger Township.
• 9:50 a.m. Civil Deputy/ Administrative Assistant Kathye Fouberg with a mobile home report.
• 10:05 a.m. Treasurer Brenda Veldheer regarding a new hire to replace a retiring employee.
• 10:20 a.m. Highway Superintendent Rusty Weinberg regarding an item on the State Transportation Improvement Project.
• 10:35 a.m. Weed Supervisor John Geidel regarding a summer hire.
• 10:45 a.m. Consideration to approve bills and timesheets for payment, a raffle request, resolution supporting a water development proposal by the LaRouche organization, and a sign-off on the county’s Women Infants and Children (WIC) contract.
• 11 a.m., Board of Adjustment.
The County Planning and Zoning Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Room.