Davison County Commissioners to discuss extending application deadline for vacant seatThe Davison County commissioners will discuss extending the deadline for applications for a new District 1 commissioner during their meeting Tuesday.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
The Davison County commissioners will discuss extending the deadline for applications for a new District 1 commissioner during their meeting Tuesday.
Commissioner Dave Weitala, 60, died of a heart attack Jan. 17 after shoveling snow at his Mitchell home before the commission’s weekly meeting. The other four commissioners will appoint someone to fill his seat but the new commissioner would have to run for office in November if he or she wanted to serve the remainder of the term, which expires in 2014.
The commission will meet in regular session at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the Commissioners’ Room at the courthouse, 200 E. Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
The agenda includes:
* 9 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, approval of past meeting minutes, citizen input.
* 9:30 a.m. Second reading of the proposed redistricting ordinance.
* 9:45 a.m. Brian McGinnis of Planning & Development District III regarding the development of a new county comprehensive plan. The Davison County Planning Commission will attend.
* 11:45 a.m. Highway Superintendent Rusty Weinberg on new personnel.
* 11:55 a.m. Miscellaneous items brought before the board, approval of bills and timesheets for payment and approval of bills and time sheets.
* 11:45 a.m., The Planning and Zoning Commission will meet in the Emergency Management Office at the west end of the courthouse.