Farmers Union Insurance scholarships availableFarmers Union Insurance, in cooperation with the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation, is offering $25,000 in scholarships to eligible high school seniors in South Dakota.
By: News release, South Dakota Farmer's Union
Farmers Union Insurance, in cooperation with the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation, is offering $25,000 in scholarships to eligible high school seniors in South Dakota.
Twenty-five high school seniors from across the state who plan to continue post-secondary education at a college, university or technical school in the state, will each receive $1,000.
Applications are due by April 15.
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
* South Dakota high school senior whose parent or parents are current policy holders of Farmers Union Insurance;
* Be a member of South Dakota Farmers Union;
* Be a Friend of the Farmers Union Foundation (have contributed $25 or more to the foundation in the past year);
* Participant in any South Dakota High School Activities Association-sanctioned event;
* Provide a copy of high school transcript and the ACT/SAT score;
* Provide a letter of recommendation;
* Submit a written essay (less than 500 words or less) on “How Do You Hope to Impact a Brighter Tomorrow in South Dakota?”
* Provide a billfold-sized portrait picture.
In addition, they must fill out an application form, which is available from school counselors, local Farmers Union Insurance Agents or at www.sdsufoundation.org.
Materials should be returned to Farmers Union Insurance, Attn: Wayne Bartscher, P.O. Box 1388, Huron, S.D. 57350.
For information call Farmers Union Insurance at 800-933-2841.