Mitchell Chamber seeks nominees for Community Improvement AwardsAwards are given to individuals, businesses and organizations.
By: News release, Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce
The Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce City Beautification Committee is seeking nominees for the Community Improvement Awards program.
Awards are given to individuals, businesses and organizations.
The criteria for these awards include new construction, as well as restoration and improvements to the exterior of existing property.
The inclusion of landscaping and/or planters, depending on location is given strong consideration in these awards. Signage must be appropriate and meet the city codes.
Community Improvement Awards are based on both the visual and environmental impact of the project. Nominations will be judged on how the project:
• Enhances the attractiveness of the City of Mitchell.
• Is compatible with the side area and environment.
• Shows creativity/innovation in design and use of materials.
• Enhances the quality of life.
• Exhibits the principle of sustainability.
The project must have been competed in the last construction season.
Community Improvement awards are presented in the following categories: commercial, residential, public/nonprofit; special merit and heritage.
Any properties located within Mitchell’s Historical Commercial District will be eligible for separate awards. Any properties nominated within the district will automatically become eligible for those awards.
The Heritage Award is special recognition for a project that keeps with the historical character of the property. There would need to be a full building rehabilitation or preservation effort to be nominated for the award.
The nomination procedures are as follows:
• A Chamber City Beautification Committee will determine if the above property fits within the guidelines listed above.
• An “after improvements” photo must accompany all nominations. If available, please include a “before” photo of the property.
• Only one nomination per person per category will be accepted.
• A panel of judges will select the winners. Projects that display a significant investment in the community and that benefit economic development may receive priority.
Winners will be announces and invited to an awards ceremony in February.
Name of the person submitting application is optional.
Deadline to submit an application is Dec. 30.
More information about the awards ceremony will be available as it is planned.
Contact Janelle Thiesse at Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce at 996-5567 or email email@example.com for information.