Davison County commissioners to again discuss Internet, phone and cable servicesThe Davison County commissioners will revisit the topic of Internet, phone and cable service when they meet in regular session 9 a.m. Tuesday at the courthouse in Mitchell.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
The Davison County commissioners will revisit the topic of Internet, phone and cable service when they meet in regular session 9 a.m. Tuesday at the courthouse in Mitchell.
At this meeting, however, the commissioners are scheduled to hear from a Midcontinent representative who is expected to address the concerns expressed last week about reported spotty Internet service.
The agenda includes:
* 9 a.m., call to order, approval of past meeting minutes, citizen input.
* 9:30 a.m., Tom Simmons, senior vice president of public policy at Midcontinent Communications, regarding county Internet, telephone and cable service.
* 10 a.m., Interim Welfare Director Dawn Grissom with the monthly welfare report.
* 10:15 a.m., Maintenance Supervisor Mark Ruml regarding the jail ventilation system.
* 10:30 a.m., Final surplus property declarations, prior to 5:30 p.m. sale Tuesday at the Davison County Fairgrounds.
* 10:45 a.m., Commissioner discussion of Internet, phone and cable service; approval of miscellaneous agenda items, including the payment of bills; approval of time sheets; lien compromises due to death or bankruptcy.