Homecoming queen, king hopefuls named at DWUCandidates for homecoming king and queen have been selected at Dakota Wesleyan University, Mitchell.
By: News release, Dakota Wesleyan University
Candidates for homecoming king and queen have been selected at Dakota Wesleyan University, Mitchell.
Coronation will be at 7 p.m. on Sunday at the Sherman Center on the DWU campus.
This year’s homecoming theme is Mardi Gras, “Let the Good Times Roar!”
Queen candidates are:
• Danielle Bellet, Lead, a biochemistry major with a Spanish minor. She is president of CHAOS (science club), captain of the women’s golf team and resident assistant and student ambassador. She plans to attend medical school following graduation.
• Christen Mitchell, Platte, is a business administration major with a minor in communication. She is vice president of the Multicultural Committee, student ambassador, TRiO peer tutor and mentor, NSO leader and member of the Human Services Club and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. She plans to do business and accounting work for a company in Miller following graduation.
• Kacie Sanderson, Laurel, Mont, is an athletic training major who is involved in volleyball and the Athletic Training Club. She enjoys hunting, fishing and outdoor and water sports. She plans to pursue her master’s degree in athletic training following graduation.
• Brooke Warne, Rapid City, is majoring in nursing and is involved in volleyball, Student Ministry Council, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, campus Bible studies, the DWU Worship Team, University Choir, Highlanders, nursing tutoring and intramural sports.
• Sarah Weidler, Sioux Falls, is an athletic training major. She is involved in DWU soccer and president of the Student Leadership Council for Athletic Training for South Dakota, coaches gymnastics at MEGA and is interning at Dakota Physical Therapy. She is planning to take the CSCS for certification of strength and conditioning and attend physical therapy school.
King candidates are:
• Brandon Bilyeu, Red Lodge, Mont., a biochemistry major with a minor in religion. He is involved in DWU football, Student Ministry Council, Student Activities Board, Students in Free Enterprise and Universities Fighting World Hunger. He also serves as a new student orientation leader and student ambassador. He plans to attend medical school.
• David McGuire, Chula Vista, Calif., is a communications major with a minor in business. He is on the DWU football team and involved with intramural sports. He plans to attend radiology school after graduation.
• Russell McGuire, Chula Vista, Calif., is majoring in business with a coaching minor. He has been on the DWU varsity football team for all four years of college. He plans to work in a government occupation or for a Navy base following his return to California.
• Marco Mora, San Gabriel, Calif., is a human services major with a minor in criminal justice. He is on the DWU football team and enjoys weightlifting.
• Aaron Rolen, Bogata, Texas, is a history major with a minor in political science. He is the Student Senate president, College Republicans president and the starting defensive end on the DWU football team. He plans to attend law school following graduation.