Mitchell planners to review TIF district proposal todayThe Mitchell Planning and Zoning Commission will review a proposal for tax increment financing District 16 from Innovative Systems at its meeting today.
By: Staff reports, The Daily Republic
The Mitchell Planning and Zoning Commission will review a proposal for tax increment financing District 16 from Innovative Systems at its meeting today.
The TIF district will contain the current Innovative Systems office building and nearby bare land. An office/business park or retail businesses are planned for the area.
A 27,700-square-foot expansion of the current Innovative Systems building and a new office building or several buildings are in the plan, which is supposed to wrap up in 2015.
The project is divided into two phases, with an estimated TIF district cost of $1.3 million. Innovative Systems plans to pay for much of the project itself.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets at noon at City Hall Council Chambers, 612 N. Main St. The meeting is open to the public.
In other business, the planners will:
• Hold a public hearing on a request for a property rezoning from Chris and Julie Grillo, who want to rezone property described as the west 45 feet of the east 90 feet of lots seven and eight, bock 14, Railroad Addition to the city from Public Lands District to Highway Oriented Business and amend the official zoning map.
The Grillos, as Excel Construction, plan to build a 30-foot by 40-foot garage for storage at the site.
The Mitchell City Council gave initial approve to the rezoning last week, while noting that the planners would review the request at today’s meeting.
The council will hold a public hearing on the proposal at its next meeting on Sept. 19.
• Review a plat of lots 1 and 2 of the Mitchell Technical Institute Addition and a portion of MTI Drive.
• Review a plan by Dairy Queen, 1501 W. Havens Ave., for a shed.
• Review a plan from A&B Business, 400 E Havens Ave., for an addition.
• The time of the next public meeting on proposed changes to city code has been changed.
The meeting on Highway Oriented Business District & Neighborhood Shopping District will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall Council Chambers.