Stalled car sparked gas leak fire in Dell Rapids
DELL RAPIDS (AP) — Authorities say a stalled SUV sparked the gas leak fire in Dell Rapids that burned for more than four hours Tuesday.
Capt. Paul Niedringhaus of the Minnehaha County Sheriff’s Department on Wednesday said the vehicle stalled right over the gas leak. Niedringhaus said the fire began when the driver started the ignition again.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call (605) 996-5514 and we can help you.