Sawyer Brown to play Palace
Country music group Sawyer Brown will perform Nov. 1 at the Corn Palace, according to Corn Palace Director Mark Schilling.
Tickets for the concert will go on sale Sept. 17, Schilling said, though prices have not yet been set. The number of tickets available also has not been set because the arena layout for the show has not been finalized, Schilling said.
Sawyer Brown, a five-member band, has released 20 studio albums since it was founded in 1981. Three of those albums — “The Dirt Road” released in 1992, “Outskirts of Town” released in 1993 and “Greatest Hits 1990-1995” released in 1995 — have sold at least 500,000 copies and have been certified gold in the U.S.
The band has released three No. 1 singles — “Step That Step” released in 1985, “Some Girls Do” released in 1992 and “Thank God for You” released in 1993.
Country musicians Ray Scott and Jimmy Weber will open for Sawyer Brown, Schilling said.
Sawyer Brown follows several other country music acts to play at the Corn Palace this year. Dwight Yoakam, Gloriana and Craig Morgan all played at this year’s Corn Palace Festival, which ran through Sunday.
“Sometimes people think it’s just country,” Schilling said, “but we’ve got a lot of other entertainment options we’re looking at and trying to do.”
Other upcoming shows at the Corn Palace include:
• Bed of Roses, a Bon Jovi tribute band, will play at 7 p.m. Sept. 27. Tickets cost $10 in advance and $12.50 the day of the show.
• Reza, an illusionist, and The Spill Canvas, an indie rock band, will perform at 7 p.m. Sept. 28. Tickets are $25.
• The Wilbur-Ellis Corn Palace Challenge, a two-day rodeo event, will take place Oct. 4-5. Tickets start at $25, with limited table seating available.
• Keith and Kristyn Getty, an Irish singing, songwriting and hymn-composing duo, will perform at 7 p.m. Oct. 19. Tickets will cost $25.
• The Newsboys, a Christian pop rock band, will perform at 7 p.m. Oct. 25, along with For King & Country, Raptre Ruckus, Moriah Peters and Campbell. Tickets cost $29, or $24 apiece for groups of 10 or more.
• Ken Davis, an inspirational Christian speaker and humorist, will perform at 6 p.m. Nov. 17. To purchase tickets, call First Reformed Church at (605) 996-5449.