Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Pole shed catches fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Mitchell,South Dakota 57301 http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sites/all/themes/mitchellrepublic_theme/images/social_default_image.png
The Daily Republic
(605) 996-5020 customer support
Pole shed catches fire
Mitchell South Dakota 120 South Lawler 57301

The Mitchell Fire Division responded to a fire in a pole shed Tuesday afternoon north of Mitchell.

Assistant Fire Chief Paul Morris said firefighters had the fire out within three minutes of arriving on scene at 40792 247th St.

"It was isolated to a very small area," Morris said.

A welding machine and some items around it caught fire, but Morris said it is unclear how they caught fire. He said the welder was plugged in but not turned on.

Daily Republic News
(605) 996-5516
Advertisement
randomness