Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

No one hurt in Mitchell cooking fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Mitchell,South Dakota 57301 http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sites/all/themes/mitchellrepublic_theme/images/social_default_image.png
The Daily Republic
(605) 996-5020 customer support
No one hurt in Mitchell cooking fire
Mitchell South Dakota 120 South Lawler 57301

A cooking fire resulted in no injuries and minor damages Monday night, authorities said.

Capt. Ben Vanden Hoek, with the Mitchell Fire Division, said officials responded to a call shortly after 8 p.m. Monday at 212 W. Fir Ave., when one of the home’s occupants was frying supper in a frying pan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
0 Talk about it

When the occupant’s dog bumped the pan, some of the oil spilled onto the burner and ignited.

It started to spread, Vanden Hoek said, but was mostly contained by the time firefighters arrived.

No one was injured, and Vanden Hoek estimated about $300 in damages in the kitchen.

Advertisement
Daily Republic News
(605) 996-5516
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness