MTI relocation, by the numbers
Following is a list of the major building projects Mitchell Technical Institute has undergone since 2001, the start of a move from the old Capital Street location to the new location south of Interstate 90. The process spanned 12 years, expended $46.4 million and concluded at the beginning of this school year.
• Technology Center (phase one), $4.4 million, completed November 2002.
• Technology Center (phase two) and the Energy Training Center, $6 million total, completed September 2009.
• First student apartment complex, completed 2010.
• Campus Center, $10.5 million, completed August 2011.
• Second student apartment complex, completed August 2013. (The total cost of both apartment complexes together was $7 million. They were built and are operated by Puetz Development.)
• Trades Center, $18.5 million, completed August 2013.