MMS&B to hold Second Annual Downtown Photo Contest
May is National Historic Preservation Month, and Mitchell Main Street & Beyond is holding its Second Annual Downtown Photo Contest. Local photographers of any age can capture images of historic downtown Mitchell that show the community's history and heritage.
The winner of the contest will receive a free, one-year membership to MMS&B, as well as use of the photo in MMS&B promotional materials.
Rules of the contest are:
• Photos must be located within Mitchell's Downtown Historic Commercial District. A map of the district is available on MMS&B's website, www.mitchellmainstreet.com.
• Photos of structures must be of commercial or public buildings.
• Photos of private residences will not be accepted.
• Photos must have been taken in the last (2) two years.
• Photos must be owned by the person submitting.
• Photos can be either in color or black and white.
• Photos can be either indoor or outdoor.
• Photos can be either the entire shot or a detailed close up.
• Limit of (2) two photos per photographer will be accepted.
The community of Mitchell will vote for the winning photo. Voting will be done online on Mitchell Main Street & Beyond's Facebook page. The deadline to submit photos is 5 p.m. May 31. Email all photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting will begin June 2 and end June 6. The winning photo will be announced June 9.