Mitchell school board to look at 2014 goals
Mitchell Board of Education will consider goals for the 2013-2014 school year when it meets at 5 p.m. today in the Mitchell Middle School library, 800 W. 10th Ave.
The Middle School will be the board's first stop on its annual tour of district school buildings. The board will tour middle school facilities upon completion of the business part of the meeting.
The agenda includes:
• A discussion of school district goals for the school year.
• Board consideration to approve a contract for educational services with Abbott House, a Mitchell-based residential treatment facility for girls.
Board consideration to approve a consent agenda which includes the following personnel items:
• Resignation: Janelle Parker, school nurse, effective July 15.
• Extracurricular assignments: Mark Horan, co-head boys' golf coach, $3,214, and co-head girls' golf coach, $3,214; Dustin Wheeler, head 10th grade football coach, $2,622; Tom Starr, assistant sophomore football coach, $1,873; Pat Larson, assistant sophomore football coach $1,512; Jeremy Borgan, middle school wrestling coach, $1,946.
• Ron Parks, from sophomore football coach to assistant varsity football coach $3,858
• Esther Witte, from eighth grade volleyball coach to sophomore volleyball coach, $2,834;
• Joshua Paulson, assistant girls soccer coach, $1530.
• Transfer, classified positions: Kimberly Janzing, from food service, to full-time paraeducator, at $10.79 per hour, L. B. Williams Elementary school, effective Sept. 3.
• New hires (MTI): Lindsey Kieffer, food service worker, $8.50 per hour, effective Aug. 26; Michael Carpentier, CDL instructor, $38,000 a year, effective Aug. 19.
• Regional instructors for the Speech Language Professional Assistant program, each will receive $3,000: Jamie Griffith, Donnell Houx, Kari Gosmire, Beth Peschong, Penelope Walker and Jill Arstad, effective Aug. 26.
• New hire: Carl Niehoff, assistant director of buildings and grounds, $42,500, prorated to $36,159.
• Sixth class assignments: Jodi Norden, two semesters $4,035; Michelle Mebius, two semesters, $4,376.