Mitchell school board to evaluate Graves
The Mitchell Board of Education will conduct a closed-door executive session to evaluate the performance of Superintendent Joe Graves at its regular meeting at 5 p.m. today at the Mitchell Career and Technical Education Academy, across from the Mitchell High School. After the closed-door meeting, the board will consider extending Graves’ contract beyond its current three-year term, and may also consider adjusting his compensation.
In other business, board members plan to:
- Adopt a consent agenda that includes minutes claims, personnel items and minutes from a regular meeting Jan. 13 and a special meeting Jan. 31.
- Consider approving a resolution on second reading to revise Board Policy 211 — Board Member Compensation and Expenses, which restores board member compensation to levels prior to cuts two years ago; those revisions now include compensation for no more than 40 per diem events per year for a total maximum annual allocation of $2,400 per member, not including reimbursements for travel.
- Consider approving the K-12 calendar for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Hear an audit report on the 2012-2013 fi scal year from a representative of Endorf, Lurken and Olsen, a Mitchell accounting fi rm. ? Hear board member reports.
- Hear the superintendent’s report.
- Hear public commentary.