Mitchell Camera Club
The Mitchell Camera Club met April 3 at the County Fair Banquet Hall. This month's category was "The Color Purple." Next month will be "Best of Show."
At this month's meeting, the club discussed next month's category and choosing judges for the "Best of Show" in May. The club would like to express our thanks to County Fair for the use of the Banquet Hall. The results for this month's category are as follows:
- 1st Place -- "Busy Skipper" by Dean Randall
- 2nd Place -- "Trimmed in Purple" by Cheryl Bordewyk
- 3rd Place -- "I Wonder if They'll Hatch" by Ty Smith
- 1st HM -- "Purple Blooms" by Chris Geroy
- 2nd HM -- "Zoey" by Ty Smith
- 3rd HM -- "Purple Light Streams" by Jim Kost
- 1st Place -- "After the Rain" by Sue McDonald
- 2nd Place -- "Purple Falls" by Jim Kost
- 3rd Place -- "Purple Rain" by Jim Kost
- 1st HM -- "Inside a Tulip" by Sue McDonald
- 2nd HM -- "Sun Kissed" by Sue McDonald
- 3rd HM -- "Purple on Purple" by Jim Thomas
N4C Results for March:
Digital Creative: "Satiny Creek Water" by Sue McDonald -- Merit Award
N4C Color Prints: "Spare Parts" by Shannon Jones -- Merit Award
Winners of N4C best of show for 2012-2013 can be seen www.N4C.US. Last year's winners will be posted in October this year. The monthly digital winners are posted there as well. Check out the Mitchell Camera Club website at www.mitchellcamera.wix.com/club. We are on Facebook as well.
If anyone would like to join the camera club, contact Shannon Jones at 999-0608, Jim Kost at 996-0128 or Dean Randall at 449-4483. New members are always welcome. Or if you're not sure of joining, you may sit in and watch and see how we judge and score these photos. Our meetings are at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month September through May.