Mitchell Camera Club
The Mitchell Camera Club met March 6 at the County Fair banquet hall. This month's category was "Patterns/Textures." Next month's category is the color "Purple."
This month, the club will judge N4C creative prints. At this month's meeting, the club discussed next month's category and choosing judges for the Best of Show in May. The club thanked County Fair for the use of the banquet hall. The results for this month's categories are as follows:
- 1st Place -- "Interesting Collection" by Shannon Jones
- 2nd Place -- "Prehistoric Cow Pie" by Ty Smith
- 3rd Place -- "Sun Bathing" by Sue McDonald
- 1st HM -- "Replacements" by Debbie VanGenderen
- 2nd HM -- "Flower Pedals" by Jim Kost
- 3rd HM -- "Erosion" by Jim Kost
- 1st Place -- "Spare Parts" by Shannon Jones
- 2nd Place -- "White Sands New Mexico" by Ty Smith
- 3rd Place -- "Lines of Time" by Jim Kost
- 1st HM -- "Looks Like Christmas" by Shannon Jones
- 2nd HM -- "Master Web Design" by Ty Smith
- 3rd HM -- "Cactus" by Shannon Jones
N4C results for February:
"Western Ranch" by Dean Randall -- 2nd Place
"Night Glow at Wakefield (Neb.) Balloon Festival" Sue McDonald -- Honorable mention
Winners of N4C best of show for 2012-2013 can be seen at www.N4C.US. Last year's winners will be posted in October. The monthly digital winners are posted there as well. Check out the Mitchell Camera Club website at mitchellcamera.wix.com/club. We are on Facebook as well.
If anyone would like to join the club, contact Shannon Jones at 999-0608, Jim Kost at 996-0128 or Dean Randall at 449-4483. New members are always welcome. If you're not sure of joining, you may sit in and watch to see how we judge and score these photos. Our meetings are at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of every month, September through May.