Mitchell apartment damaged in late-night fire
Firefighters finish extinguishing a fire that started late Tuesday at 1700 N. Wisconsin, Apartment C1, in Mitchell. Mitchell Assistant Fire Chief Paul Morris said the fire started around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday. He said a family of four lives in the apartment, two adults and two children, all of whom were uninjured. The fire was completely extinguished by midnight, but firefighters continued to monitor for extension, or areas the fire had spread into walls or ceilings. One room received extensive fire damage, and others sustained smoke and water damage, leaving the apartment uninhabitable for the night, according to Morris. No other information was available when this edition went to press.