Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

House destroyed by fire late Saturday in Artesian, no injuries

ARETESIAN -- A house on West First Street in Artesian was burnt to the ground after a fire was started just before 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

Sanborn County Sheriff Tom Fridley said the fire is believed to be started by a cigarette, which the occupant was smoking.

The occupant was in the home at the time of the fire but was able to get out without injuries.

Fire crews from Fedora, Letcher, Artesian and Woonsocket responded to the fire and were able to control it by around midnight.

The house is believed to be a total loss.

Advertisement