District report card on school board agenda
A review of the Mitchell School District’s report card is scheduled during the Board of Education’s public meeting at 5 p.m. today at the Mitchell Technical Institute Trades Center lecture hall.
In other business, board members plan to:
- Adopt a consent agenda that includes minutes from a past meeting, claims, personnel items and open enrollment.
- Consider placing existing employee procedures for dealing with exposure to potentially infectious materials into policy, and updating addresses in existing policies.
- Declare surplus for sale a 1998 Dodge Neon Sport, an “old orange truck,” a 1972 trailer, seven overhead projectors from the high school, a refrigerated salad bar, a Lincoln cash drawer cart, a Wisco food warmer, two “very old” Bunn coffee machines, a Cambro line service cart and two silverware and tray carts.
- Hear reports from board members on meetings attended since the last regular board meeting.
- Invite public commentary on topics that are not part of the board agenda.
- Take a tour of the MTI Trades Center.
The board will consider the following personnel items.
Resignations: Teresa Bannwarth, school nurse, L.B. Williams Elementary and high school, effective immediately; Pat Kogel, food service, G.B. Rogers Elementary, effective immediately; Rhonda Barlean, food service, middle school, effective Nov. 1; Jerika Hanson, food service, middle school, effective Nov. 14; Michelle Mogck, Child Development Center, effective immediately; Terry Hall, farm business instructor, MTI, effective Nov. 30; Megan McManus, ninth-grade volleyball coach, pending suitable replacement.
Change in hours: Brenda Axemaker, school nurse, L.B. Williams Elementary and high school, to 5.5 hours daily, effective immediately; Margaret Scheetz, food service, G.B. Rogers Elementary, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., to 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., effective immediately.
New hires: Mari Hoeltzner, food service, G.B. Rogers Elementary, four hours daily at $9.99 per hour, effective Oct. 29; Kelli Diehm, food service, middle school, seven hours daily at $10.79 per hour, effective Nov. 4; Chris Degen, MTI power sports instructor, nine-month position at $38,500, effective Dec. 2; Kristi Rayman, MTI MRI/CT program coordinator, $60,000, with grant funding, effective Nov. 14; Devon Russell, MTI GIS/GPS instructor, $42,000, effective Dec. 2; DeAnne Weinberg, MTI CDC, $8.75 per hour, effective Nov. 12.
Transfers: Christina Siemsen, to 10th-grade girls’ basketball coach, $2,911, effective for the 2013-2014 school year; Kayla Braffet, to assistant ninth-grade girls’ basketball coach, $2,426, effective for the 2013-2014 school year; Curtis Smith, to assistant eighth-grade girls’ basketball coach, $2,359, effective for the 2013-2014 school year.