Davison County commissioners to discuss budget cuts and additions on Tuesday
With fiscal deadlines fast approaching, it's getting down to budget crunch time for the Davison County commissioners. Provisional budgets are due in early September and the final budgets must be submitted to the state by the end of that month.
The commissioners will discuss possible cuts and additions when they meet in regular session 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Davison County Courthouse, 200 E. Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
The commissioners met with individual department heads in recent weeks, but they have not pared those submitted budgets yet. They will spend Tuesday's afternoon session digging into the details.
Still lacking are revenue projections from Auditor Susan Kiepke. Without that information, Commission Chairman John Claggett said the commissioners must be guided by the past budget numbers. Kiepke said revenue projections should be ready soon.
The agenda includes:
* 9 a.m., call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, approval of past meeting minutes, citizen input.
* 9:30 a.m., Extension Educator Ellyn Eddy, regarding a temporary secretarial hire.
* 9:45 a.m., Highway Superintendent Rusty Weinberg, regarding the purchase of gravel for road projects.
* 10 a.m., Drainage Board, no items specified.
* 11 a.m., Welfare budget review.
* 11:30 a.m., Treasurer Brenda Sanders, regarding a temporary hire for her office.
* 11:45 a.m., Miscellaneous items, including the approval of: time sheets, the payment of bills, the balance of the auditor's account with the treasurer, and a raffle request.
* 1:15 p.m., Budget reviews.