The Davison County Commission will discuss the rental of space at the county fairgrounds during their meeting on Tuesday.
The commissioners will hold their regular meeting at 9 a.m. at the Davison County North Offices and will hear from local businessman Scott Houwman and Mitchell Parks and Recreation Director Dusty Rodiek on the topic of renting the fairgrounds.
Houwman came before the board last year with hopes of adding batting cages, netting around the outside of the building and artificial turf to the fairgrounds' event space, which would allow local athletes and teams to train there during the winter months. While the plan had fair board and commission support, the proposal has not gained much traction since then.
Recently, the commissioners have discussed other ways to use the building to create revenue, including potentially allowing alcohol in the facility.
In addition, the commissioners will hear more detailed numbers on a potential plan to change the way the county purchases computers and other hardware and a second session of budget hearings has been scheduled as the county attempts to pare down department requests.
The following is the commission's agenda:
• 9 a.m.: Call meeting to order, Pledge of Allegiance, approve previous meeting's minutes, receive public input.
• 9:30 a.m.: Meet with local businessman Houwman and Rodiek regarding rental of the Davison County Fairgrounds.
• 10 a.m.: Meet with Ramon Shultz of Tech Solutions regarding monetary figures for equipment buyback under the Hardware as a Service plan.
• 10:30 a.m.: Review the 2015 county budget.
• 11:45 a.m.: Meet with County Veterans Service Officer Steve McClure regarding a veterans supplement.
• 11:50 a.m.: Miscellaneous motions brought to the board, approve bills and timesheets.
• 1:15 p.m.: Review the 2015 county budget, if necessary.