Davison commissioners to hone budget
The Davison County commissioners will hold their regularly scheduled meeting at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse, 200 E. Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
The agenda includes:
• 9 a.m.: Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, approval of past meeting minutes, citizen input.
• 9:30 a.m.: Sitting as the Board of Adjustment, the commissioners will consider an application by Dan Mohr for a conditional use permit for an equipment storage building on his property in Perry Township (a permit is needed because an equipment storage building is not a permitted conditional use, principal use or an accessory use in the agricultural-residential district).
• Continuing as the Board of Adjustment, commissioners will consider a variance request from Jeffrey D. and Sherri L. Hanson, for a variance of 9 acres to create a lot size of about 16 acres on their property in Blendon township (a variance request is needed because the property does not meet the 25-acre minimum lot requirement).
• Continuing as the Board of Adjustment, commissioners will consider an unspecified nuisance complaint regarding West Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth avenues.
• 10:15 a.m.: Consideration to approve plats as recommended by the Planning and Zoning Commission, including a plat of Wilson Tracts 1 and 2 in the northeast of Section 25; and a plat of Lots 1 and 2 of JDH First Addition in the northwest quarter of Section 28.
• 10:30 a.m.: Supplemental budget hearing.
• 10:45 a.m.: Civil Deputy Kathye Fouberg, with quarterly reports.
• 11 a.m.: 2014 budget review.
• 11:55 a.m.: Miscellaneous items, approval of bills for payment.