Daily Republic wins 15 AP awards
The Daily Republic received seven first-place awards from the 2014 Associated Press Great Plains News and Photo Contest.
Overall, The Daily Republic received 15 awards in the medium-size newspaper category. The contest was open to 40 Associated Press-member newspapers in three size categories in North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. Results were announced Wednesday.
This was the second of two annual contests entered by The Daily Republic. Earlier this year, the newspaper won the General Excellence award and numerous other awards in a South Dakota Newspaper Association contest.
The following is a list of The Daily Republic's AP contest awards.
• Photo Feature, Sean Ryan, "Volleyball portrait."
• Photo Sports Action, Sean Ryan, "Powderpuff football celebration."
• Enterprise, Candy DenOuden, "Everybody has more stuff."
• Editorial, Seth Tupper, "Politicians' speeding is not funny post-Janklow."
• Spot News, Chris Mueller, "Woman's body found in rural Chamberlain shed."
• Sports Column, Brooke Cersosimo, "Life's like a marathon."
• Sports Feature, Nick McCutcheon, "Titles up, teams down."
• Photo Feature, Sean Ryan, "Kocmich is player of year."
• Photo General News, Sean Ryan, "Flu shot."
• Photo Spot News, Candy DenOuden, "Get Well Soon raccoon."
• Website, Denise Ross, The Daily Republic website.
• Feature, Chris Mueller, "SD ag's 'shining star of success.' "
• Photo General News, Sean Ryan, "Mayor at groundbreaking."
• Photo Sports Action, Luke Hagen, "Play at the plate."
• Headlines, Candy DenOuden.