County commission to elect chair, vice chair
The Davison County commissioners will elect a chairman and a vice chairman at their first meeting of the year Tuesday.
The meeting starts at 9 a.m. and is held at the Davison County Courthouse.
John Claggett is the commission’s current chairman, while Gerald Weiss is the vice chairman. Claggett has served three consecutive years as the chairman.
Here is the complete agenda:
- 9 a.m., Call to order; Pledge of Allegiance; administer Oaths; elect chairman; elect vice-chairman; approve minutes; citizens input; informational only.
- 9:30 a.m., Approve employee wages; set commissioner wages; set rates for 2014; approve digital data policy; adopt election worker resolution; designate official newspaper; 2014 committee appointments; set welfare assistance rates; adopt travel resolution.
- 10 a.m., Executive session, union negotiations.
- 10:15 a.m., Ramon Shultz, Tech Solutions, Re: Hardware and software for 2014.
- 10:30 a.m., Sheriff Brink, Re: Court security; new patrol vehicle; Zuercher contract.
- 11 a.m., Director of Equalization Goetsch, Re: Travel request.
- 11:15 a.m., Sign letter of support for POET Biorefinery.
- 11:20 a.m., Adopt resolution, Re: Prohibiting campaigning in polling places.
- 11:30 a.m., Miscellaneous motions brought to the board; approve bills; approve timesheets.