Commissioners to hear audit report
As part of its regularly scheduled Tuesday meeting, the Davison County Board of Commissioners will set the time and date for an updated drainage ordinance; and hear a report on county finances from state auditor Toby Qualm.
The meeting begins at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse, 200 E. Fourth Ave., Mitchell.
The agenda includes:
• 9 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, approval of past meeting minutes; and citizen input.
• 9:30 a.m. Set date and time for the first reading of an updated Davison County drainage ordinance.
• 9:35 a.m. Emergency Management Director Jim Montgomery, regarding the County Homeland Security committee.
• 9:40 a.m. Treasurer Christie Gunkel will offer nominees for a committee to investigate a new golf cart ordinance.
• 9:45 a.m. Director of Equalization Kathy Goetsch, with a staff permission request to attend a certified appraiser assessor course.
• 10 a.m. Deputy State's Attorney Jim Miskimins, with a discussion of "quiet titles," and a travel request.
• 10:15 a.m. Miscellaneous items; approval of timesheets and bills for payment, and a request for a supplement to the Sheriff's budget.
• 10:30 a.m. Toby Qualm, South Dakota Department of Legislative Audit, with audit findings.
• 11 a.m. Continuation of 2014 Budget Review.