Burned popcorn prompts state office evacuation
PIERRE (AP) — Burned popcorn was to blame for the brief evacuation of a state government office building in Pierre.
KCCR radio reports that people in the Becker-Hansen building were evacuated as a precaution for a few minutes Wednesday afternoon when the burned popcorn in a microwave set off a fire alarm.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call (605) 996-5514 and we can help you.