Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 30 through Feb. 5. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
• Arlington: Michael William Schmoll, Chapter 7; Cheryl Jeanne Schmoll, Chapter 7.
• Canton: Mary Therase Brinkman, Chapter 7.
• Deadwood: James Edward Fletcher, Chapter 7; Donna Kay Fletcher, Chapter 7.
• Elkton: Andrew Guadelupe Rodriguez, Chapter 7; Tara Elizabeth Rodriguez.
• Fruitdale: Howard Raymond Miller, Chapter 7; Mollie Kathleen Miller, Chapter 7.
• Milbank: Martin Charles Dietmeier, Chapter 7; Lori Ann Dietmeier, Chapter 7.
• Rapid City: Michael Francis Lacroix, Chapter 7; Sally Ann Lacroix, Chapter 7; Terry Lynn Newman, Chapter 7; Trevor Fay Eppens, Chapter 7; Anne Marie Guillory, Chapter 7.
• Sioux Falls: David Lee Larsen, Chapter 7; Juan Jose Bonilla, Chapter 7.
• Stickney: Gregory John Schumacher, Chapter 7; Sherry Ann Schumacher, Chapter 7.
• Viborg: Mark Lester Groenenboom, Chapter 7.
• Luverne, Minn.: Mary Elaine Kitchenmaster, Chapter 7.