Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 23 through Jan 29. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
• Canton: Ryan Patrick Lahr, Chapter 7.
• Faulkton: Willard Benjamin Foust, Chapter 7; Tammy Kay Foust, Chapter 7.
• Groton: Richard James Hoops, Chapter 7; Tammy Lisa Hoops, Chapter 7.
• Mitchell: John Eddie Funderburg, Chapter 7.
• Nemo: Dan Lee Ford, Chapter 7.
• Rapid City: John Wesley Gardner, Chapter 7; Lorie Lyn Gardner, Chapter 7; Tracey Marie Shilman, Chapter 7; David Lawrence Shilman, Chapter 7; David Carl Poyourow, Chapter 13; Melinda Ann Poyourow, Chapter 13.
• Sioux Falls: Kevin Lee Hansen, Chapter 13; Jody Lee Hansen, Chapter 13; Allen George MacRunnels, Chapter 7; Virginia Lee Munro, Chapter 7; Susan Diane Petersen, Chapter 7; Mark Palmer Hagen, Chapter 7; Kathy Lenette Hagen, Chapter 7.
• Sturgis: Andrew David Allard, Chapter 7.
• Watertown: Elizabeth Ann Cunningham, Chapter 7; Hillary Margretta Plucker, Chapter 7.