Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 9 through Jan. 15. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
- Black Hawk: Donetta Jean Niehaus, Chapter 7; Melissa Jacqueline Blum, Chapter 7.
- Brookings: Jimmy Ronald McKinney, Chapter 13.
- Custer: Thea Dean Parquet-Fromme, Chapter 7.
- Huron: James William Parks, Chapter 7.
- Irene: Michael Andrew Wagner, Chapter 13; Rebecca Lynn Wagner, Chapter 13.
- Madison: Matthew Steven Swaney, Chapter 7; Amanda Jean Swaney, Chapter 7.
- Philip: Lorenda Cheryle Martin, Chapter 7.
- Rapid City: Mark Marion Palmowski, Chapter 7.
- Pierre: Lisa Rene Lei, Chapter 7.
- Spearfish: Gretchen Mae Renner, Chapter 7; Patricia Ann Nills, Chapter 7.