Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Jan. 2 through Jan. 8. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a courtapproved plan for repayment.
• Belle Fourche: Michael Gene Hoard, Chapter 7; Robyn Elizabeth Hoard, Chapter 7; Donald Richard Houck II, Chapter 7; Cynthia Kaye Houck, Chapter 7.
• Pierpont: Patricia Jane Allen, Chapter 7.
• Rapid City: Cheryl M. Pederson, Chapter 13.
• Shade Hill: Timothy James Alexander, Chapter 13; Astrid Susanne Alexander, Chapter 13.
• Sioux Falls: Gwendolyn Martin-Fletcher, Chapter 7; Clinton Anthony Stencil, Chapter 7; Jacqueline Marie Stencil, Chapter 7.
• Volga: Jana Kristine Pederson, Chapter 7.
• Watertown: Michael Gene Calkins Jr., Chapter 13; Melisse Ann Kunkel, Chapter 13.