Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Dec. 12 through Dec. 18. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
- Aberdeen: Laura Leigh Frey, Chapter 7.
- Box Elder: Rebecca Sue Kremer, Chapter 7.
- Leola: Jason Jeremy Mestas, Chapter 7; Angela Lynn Mestas, Chapter 7.
- Lesterville: Douglas Scott Auch, Chapter 13.
- Madison: Kelly Lee Mayo, Chapter 13.
- Mitchell: Rhonda Rae Carson, Chapter 7.
- Peever: Lisa Forcier, Chapter 7.
- Rapid City: Renee Maggie Heidrich, Chapter 7; Kevin Micheal Horst, Chapter 7; Amber Char-Lee Horst, Chapter 7.
- Sioux Falls: Dustin Michael Woodworth, Chapter 7; Kimberly Kay Highstrom, Chapter 7; Theresa Shields Zody, Chapter 7; Joshua Aaron Johnting, Chapter 7; Shelley Anne Johnting, Chapter 7; Micheal Hyle Connolly, Chapter 7; Scott James Fitzgerald, Chapter 7; Gloria Jean Holdman, Chapter 7.
- Tripp: Scott Carlton Rafnson, Chapter 7; Joni Marie Rafnson, Chapter 7.
- Tyndall: Scott David Boska, Chapter 7.
- Winner: Julie Anne OMalley, Chapter 11.