Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Nov. 7 through Nov. 13. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
- Aberdeen: Aaron Lee Martinson, Chapter 7; Jermaine George Clark, Chapter 7; Aline Tawa Clarke, Chapter 7.
- Brookings: Joshua James VandeWeerd, Chapter 7; Leslie Ann VandeWeerd, Chapter 7.
- Harrisburg: Jason Eric Lane, Chapter 13; Teresa Mae Lane, Chapter 13; Scott Larry Jacobson, Chapter 7; Linda Pamela Jacobson, Chapter 7.
- Lesterville: Debra Jean Kotalik, Chapter 7.
- Newell: Charley Edward Coney, Chapter 7; Marvel Ruth Jacobson, Chapter 7.
- Pierre: Paula Jean McCarty, Chapter 7.
- Rapid City: Douglas Byron Mills Jr., Chapter 7; Monte Lee Carlson, Chapter 7.
- Sioux Falls: Craig Owen Johnson, Chapter 7; Richard Dean Holbrook II, Chapter 7; Danielle Valerie Holbrook, Chapter 7.
- Toronto: Tammy Marie Dahl, Chapter 7.
- Yankton: Earl Kenneth Cressman Jr., Chapter 7.