Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Oct. 17 through Oct. 23. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
- Aberdeen: Laura Kristina Suedmeier, Chapter 7.
- Belle Fourche, Dalene Valeeda Ammon, Chapter 7.
- Brookings: Nathanael Abraham Dixon, Chapter 7; Aaron Lloyd Stauffacher, Chapter 13; Terri Lynne Stauffacher, Chapter 13.
- De Smet: Joseph Lyle Harvey, Chapter 7.
- Elkton: Darvin Bruce Knutson, Chapter 7; Vickie (no middle name) Knutson, Chapter 7.
- Nisland: Bradley Dee Reinhart, Chapter 7; Jeanmarie (no middle name) Reinhart, Chapter 7.
- Pierre: Charles Anson Vrooman, Chapter 7; Paul Duane Rollie, Chapter 7.
- Rapid City: Darold Harvey Buskohl, Chapter 7; Tamara Rene Buskohl, Chapter 7; Lloyd Dwight Shelton, Chapter 7; Nanci Kay Wilson, Chapter 7; Anthony Richard Martinez, Chapter 7; Heather Renae Martinez, Chapter 7; Larry Joe Hawkins Jr., Chapter 7; Connie Pearl Hawkins, Chapter 7; Jeffrey William Spriggs, Chapter 7.
- Redfield: Kirk Edward Whitley, Chapter 7; Jessi Jo Whitley, Chapter 7.
- Sioux Falls: Amy Catherine Hansen, Chapter 13; Dean Allen Unzelman, Chapter 7; Ellen Marie Unzelman, Chapter 7; Torey Richard Warne, Chapter 13; Terry Michael McMillen, Chapter 7; Nicole Marie Mayer-McMillen, Chapter 7; John Michael Reck, Chapter 7; Nicholas Joseph Schaffer, Chapter 7.
- Spearfish: Terrence Shawn Collins, Chapter 7.