Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for Oct. 10 through Oct. 16. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years).
Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
• Doland: Chad Louis Sandquist, Chapter 7.
• Faulkton: O’Dell Frank Hinders, Chapter 7; Natasha Marie Hinders, Chapter 7.
• Harrisburg: Ronnell Willette Sattler, Chapter 7.
• Mitchell: Larry Roy Snedeker, Chapter 13; Kellie Ann Snedeker, Chapter 13; Robert Loren Syrstad, Chapter 7; Sandra Sue Syrstad, Chapter 7.
• Rapid City: Kimberly Ann Jones, Chapter 7.
• Raymond: Lane Mikel Severson, Chapter 7.
• Sioux Falls: Reginald Allan Burkett, Chapter 7; Bonnie Rae Burkett, Chapter 7; Robert Kirk Hoff, Chapter 7; Alan Lee Amberg, Chapter 7; Sara Jean Fields, Chapter 7; Gene Lee Schaffer, Chapter 7; Roger Wayne Zirpel, Chapter 13; Thomas Allen Berens, Chapter 7.
• Spearfish: Kelly Duane Roberdeau, Chapter 7.
• Watertown: Darryl Dwayne Legg, Chapter 7; Lori Jo Hosmer, Chapter 7.