Here are bankruptcy filings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Dakota, for May 1 through May 7. Individuals can file Chapter 7 petitions (asking that debts be liquidated); Chapter 12 (a simplified reorganization method for farmers and ranchers whose gross debt does not exceed $1.5 million); and Chapter 13 (a plan to repay some debts in three to five years). Businesses can file Chapter 11 petitions to reorganize their debts under a court-approved plan for repayment.
• Box Elder: Tina Marie Owens, Chapter 13; James Robert Owens III, Chapter 13; Donald Christian Ringstad, Chapter 7; Sarah Marie Ringstad, Chapter 7.
• Groton: Tony Ray Benda, Chapter 7.
• Harrisburg: Gered Michael Pitts, Chapter 7.
• Lennox: Stacey Lynn Baumert, Chapter 13
• Lyons: Verna Marie Johannsen, Chapter 7.
• Mina: Maria Luise Roesler, Chapter 7.
• Mitchell: Eric Daniel Pravecek, Chapter 7.
• Rapid City: John Gonsalves Delgado, Chapter 7; Germaine Silvia Delgado, Chapter 7; Davy Anne Mattson, Chapter 7.
• Redfield: Joshua Dale Pete, Chapter 7; Courtney Danshel Bob, Chapter 7; Jacque Sue Kreusch, Chapter 7.
• Sherman: Brenda Ann Thiel, Chapter 13.
• Sioux Falls: Lyle Keith Gacke, Chapter 7; Angela Renee Gacke, Chapter 7; Ereka Latrese Tamayo, Chapter 7; London Chernae Hudson, Chapter 7; Erik Lee Krumm, Chapter 7; Kara Lee Krumm, Chapter 7; Amanda Kathleen Kohler, Chapter 7; Katherine Kristine Nelson, Chapter 7; Craig Eugene Jones, Chapter 7; Robert Anthony Garciduenas, Chapter 7; Chad Glen Hansen, Chapter 13; Sara Marie Hansen, Chapter 13.
• Spearfish: Trisha D. Byrne, Chapter 7.
• Sturgis: Dylan Michael Baldwin, Chapter 7; Nicole Marie Baldwin, Chapter 7.